BREAST REDUCTION AND BREAST AUGMENTATION IN BANGALORE
Also known as reduction mammaplasty. It is a surgery where in removal of breast tissue and skin is done. Thus reduces the size and reshapes the sagging breasts.
CRITERIA FOR BREAST REDUCTION:
* Age more than 18 yrs.
* Consent from parents / husband
* Those who have heavy breasts because of which there is difficulty in breathing, pain in neck and arms.
* Large breasts which are disproportionate to body
THINGS TO BE DONE BEFORE THE SURGERY
* Consultation and examination by plastic surgeon.
* To explain about suture lines.
* Investigations to be done more than 40yrs – mammogram FNAC is must.
* Explain regarding No heavy exercises or arm exercises for next 4-6 weeks.
HOW IS THE PROCEDURE DONE?
* Is done under general anesthesia.
* Procedure takes 4-5 hours.
* After the surgery gauze pads and elastic bandage are put.
* There can be a small drain put for 2days after which it is removed.
* Sutures are removed after 15days.
* To complete the course of antibiotics and pain killers.
* No exercises/lifting heavy weight.
* To wear sports bra.
Breast Augmentation or implants is nothing but to enhance the size of breasts.
Augmentation is done using saline, fat, silicone implants are safe and FDA approved.
WHO ALL CAN GET BREAST IMPLANTS DONE:
* Those aged >18yrs.
* Those who want bigger size.
* After mastectomy.
* done by plastic surgeon under GA after examining and getting prior investigation done.
* incision is made below breast and the implant either placed in the glandular tissue or below the pectoralis muscle.
Sutures are put.
*Sutures are removed after 7to 10 days.
*To wear sports bra and not to lift heavy weight for 4week